Community Education Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of correctional services throughout the United States. Join a dynamic team that provides offender management to males and females from local, state, and federal jurisdictions, including U.S. Marshal Service, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
The position is located at the George W. Hill Correctional Facility, Thornton, PA - 29 miles outside of Philadelphia.
- Oversees and maintains custody, care and control of inmates or detainees of a facility, while enforcing the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
- Oversees and monitors the activities of the inmates or detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas.
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts counts and provides emergency response as needed. May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, inmate/detainee, employee or visitor entrances, health services, special housing, perimeter security, transportation, work details, reception, intake and visitation as required by management.
- Supervises program activities and labor crews in various areas around facility.
- Conducts searches for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Removes contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports needed for maintenance or repairs.
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required.
- Completes training courses as required by facility training standards.
- Performs correctional duties for any shift as defined by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Required to possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
Community Education Centers offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please apply on line, www.cecintl.com.
Please Note: Due to the large volume of resumes, we are unable to respond to each inquiry regarding your application. If there is a match with an opportunity, we will contact you directly. Thank you.
George W. Hill Correctional Facility, 500 Cheyney Road, Thornton, PA 19373 - 29 miles outside of Philadelphia.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.