Community Educations Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of residential reentry and in-prison community corrections programs. Working over 18 states across the U.S., we provide a foundation of support to change addictive and criminal behaviors and effectively prepare our residents for community reentry. With programming that encompass assessment, drug and alcohol education, family education services for juvenile and adult populations; we are redefining effective means to reduce recidivism.
As an Operations Counselor, your primary duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring resident behavior, maintaining an accurate head count, transporting residents, and signing residents in-and-out of the facility and ensuring compliance with all state and federal corrections codes.
Serving as the primary point of contact for all residents from orientation to discharge, your duties will include monitoring resident “walk-around” behavior and visitations, conducting crisis interventions when necessary, and transporting residents by company vehicle.
You will perform
- inspections of the residents’ lockers, sleeping quarters, and bags
- monitoring resident ingestion of OTC and prescription medication
- drug screening and body searches
- overseeing of security checkpoint and monitoring video cameras
- maintaining safety, security, orderliness, and cleanliness throughout the facility
- reporting and providing written documentation for all accidents, behavioral incidents, and headcounts
Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED degree and a valid driver’s license. Knowledge of personal computers and basic keyboard skills are a definite plus. We conduct Drug Testing as a condition of employment.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com.
Coleman Hall - Philadelphia, PA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.