Community Educations Centers (CEC) is a leading provider of residential reentry and in-prison community corrections programs. Working over 18 states across the U.S., we provide a foundation of support to change addictive and criminal behaviors and effectively prepare our residents for community reentry. With programming that encompass assessment, drug and alcohol education, family education services for juvenile and adult populations; we are redefining effective means to reduce recidivism.
This individual is capable of performing independent work in the care, treatment and rehabilitation of persons within the program. This person plans and conducts activities and counsels residents on an individual and group basis. He/she must be capable of understanding the full continuum of care. In addition, this person must have a broad understanding of how a program operates and how each resident moves along in the system.
- Ability to maintain organized timely, legible documentation according to established policies and licensing requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the bio psycho-social characteristics and manifestations of chemical dependency and/or mental illness.
- Knowledge of individual and group behavior and the effective ways of working with people to produce on-going recovery.
- Ability to work effectively with people, aid them in adjusting to their specific problems.
- Ability to identify the needs of clients and to gain their confidence and cooperation in assisting them to obtain their goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, other members of staff, outside agencies, institutions, and the general public.
- Ability to successfully work with others from various cultures and background.
Degree from an accredited college that meets all requirements of licensing and regulatory agencies.
Associate’s Degree: Two (2) years
Bachelor’s Degree: One (1) year
Master’s Degree: Approved Practicum
Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC): Two (2) years
Community Education Centers offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please apply on line, www.cecintl.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.