Community Educations Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of residential reentry and in-prison community corrections programs. Working over 18 states across the U.S., we provide a foundation of support to change addictive and criminal behaviors and effectively prepare our residents for community reentry. With programming that encompass assessment, drug and alcohol education, family education services for juvenile and adult populations; we are redefining effective means to reduce recidivism.
This individual is capable, under the direction of the Security Director, of performing security and safety work in the rehabilitation of persons within the facility. This position does not require, and is restricted from performing counseling, treatment planning, case management, etc., but may act as a liaison between some of the staff and the residents. This individual is responsible for providing a positive role model for residents to emulate.
Work is performed in accordance with established regulations, policies and procedures, but employees are expected to exercise significant initiative and independent judgment in discharging duties. Work is reviewed by the Security Director through an evaluation of the timely and accurate completion of assignments.
1. Transport and act as escort for those residents who have medical appointments, or other business outside the facility (as approved by staff). Perform this function in a coordinated and timely manner. Contact staff by phone if there are any problems.
2. Be aware of residents and resident activities during shift.
3. Communicate to staff in person and/or by log any resident related incidents or conversations that could have an impact.
4. Deny unauthorized persons access to the facility and ensure a drug free environment while maintaining resident confidentiality.
5. Collect and secure urine specimens from residents for drug and alcohol testing.
6. Be willing to listen to residents in a non-judgmental manner, and direct them to staff when appropriate. Do not offer critical advice without consulting any counseling staff.
7. Assist in the facilitation of meetings, exercise, and other program functions when requested and supervised by supervisory staff.
8. Attend all program activities and act as a role model for the residents by demonstrating a positive attitude and behavior and a drug free lifestyle.
9. Tour the facility at regularly scheduled intervals to check building security and insure there are no fire or safety hazards in accordance with program and regulatory policies.
10. Ensure facility safety and security which includes regularly scheduled inspections of the physical plant and the agency vehicles; report problems or concerns verbally and in writing to the Director any problems which may arise.
11. Inventory, secure and store resident personal property, valuables and money.
12. Communicate to nursing staff, any medical needs that residents may have.
13. Supervise residents in work therapy activities and report progress to appropriate staff.
14. All other duties are assigned by the Security or Facility Director.
15. Maintain a valid driver’s license.
* Ability to work effectively with residents and aid them in adjusting to their specific problems.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge or correctional institutions and/or military procedures.
* Ability to read, write, and communicate clearly.
* Ability to establish and maintain working relations with staff and other agencies, and the public.
* Valid driver’s license.
* Knowledge of particular skill area such as recreation, maintenance, cleaning, transportation, safety and security, facility departments, etc.
Education and Training
High school diploma or GED. Knowledge of corrections preferred. Must have current CPR/First Aid certification or obtain within the first 30 days of employment.
One (1) year experience preferred in a correctional facility environment.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.