Community Education Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of correctional services throughout the United States. Join a dynamic team that provides offender management to males and females from local, state, and federal jurisdictions, including U.S. Marshal Service, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
We have Per Diem Correctional Officer openings at our Columbiana County Detention Center. As a Correctional Officer you will maintain custody, care, and control of inmates; monitor inmate activities and enforce the security department’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises inmates in living areas and recreational activities. Supervises inmates and visitors in visitation areas.
- Serves as control center officer, coordinates and monitors inmate movements, conduct counts, and provides emergency response.
- Serves as mailroom, field tower, medical security, perimeter security, and/or gate officer as required.
- Provides security in treatment activities and supervises labor crews in the kitchen and other specialized areas.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates in the event of injury, illness, and emotional trauma.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Initiates disciplinary reports.
- Conduct shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance and/or repairs.
- Serves as a member of special teams to respond.
We require a High School Diploma or GED; US Citizenship; passing a physical exam, drug and psychological test, background check; and having a valid drivers license. Experience in a correctional setting is highly desirable.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.