Community Educations Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of residential reentry and in-prison community corrections programs. Working in over 18 states across the U.S., we provide a foundation of support to change addictive and criminal behaviors and effectively prepare our residents for community reentry. With programming that encompasses assessment, drug and alcohol education, and family education services for juvenile and adult populations; we are redefining effective means to reduce recidivism.
The Program Counselor has the primary responsibility of providing therapeutic program services to residents. The Program Counselor will be assigned specific residents, referred to as a ‘caseload’ and monitor the service delivery for these residents while they are in the program from intake to discharge. These services may include, but not be limited to; didactic, psycho educational, individual and group counseling, peer awareness activities, therapeutic encounters, crisis intervention and recordkeeping. The Program Counselor shall provide these services within the scope of local certification, licensure and credentialing authorities and in accordance with contract assurances and prohibitions.
- Provide treatment services to inpatient residents in accordance with DOC, DDAP, and ACA standards and as directed by the Chief of Programs and supervisory staff.
- Facilitate group and individual counseling sessions.
- Maintain case files in accordance with DOC, DDAP and ACA standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Write social histories, clinical assessments, and develop treatment plans.
- Monitor resident progress toward goals and objectives as stated in the treatment plan and update the treatment as required.
- Ensure resident progress toward goals and objectives as stated in the Program Plan and update the Program Plan as required.
- Prepare parole summaries, Extraordinary Occurance reports, and Employee Report of Incidents when necessary.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports as required for referring agencies.
- Obtain funding for PBPP clients through the Department of Public Welfare medical assistance and Value Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania.
- Assist clients with medical and mental health appointments, housing options, and other needs as they arise.
- Serve as the first level of problem resolution for residents.
- Schedule Community Service activities for residents.
- Transport residents to and from appointments as needed.
- Develop a strong rapport with referring agencies and community agencies.
- Submit required paperwork and documentation in a timely manner.
- Supervise a caseload of up to eight inpatient residents.
We are seeking candidates with leadership qualities, organized, assertive and great communication skills.
At least one year of clinical experience at a program operated by a health or human services agency
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a related field.
Community Education Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.